Friday, April 23, 2010

Enjoy The Ride

I have given this a lot of thought, is there anything out there that doesn't require competition? Competition is positive and healthy to a certain extent. But when the competition becomes the goal, not a practice in a journey, when competing loses the bigger picture, and becomes the main picture, at one point, one can't help but wonder, what is this all about?

Then I started to imagine a work that does not require competition, does it even exist? I thought for a while it doesn't, you will always have a goal and a challenge, you will always want to achieve and do better, and if you don't compete with your co-workers, you start to challenge yourself even more. I got tired, I finally was able to imagine that kind of work, and then realize it. I started my own business, and even though I got a lot of competitors out there with lower prices, I focused on my performance, I gave it my best, and my business took off. I never gave any attention to my competitors, I wanted to do better because I took a chance on doing something that has value, that is rewarding, to my clients, to myself, rather than to a big corporation that set goals for their employees and the employees start the competition without knowing where they are heading. I always look for better ways to improve my business, by working hard and being authentic in what I present, not by trying to beat up my competitors, and here's the song that I came up with:

http://apps.facebook.com/ilike/artist/Tony+Rabbat/track/Enjoy+The+Ride




Enjoy the ride


Let's sketch a picture                                   
take a brush and strike some lines                            
Don't worry about guidelines, or designs                        
paint your thoughts and what you feel                        
Let's do it together and make it real                            

Let's write a song
don't think of rules and commercial sound
or catchy phrases going round and round
play your tunes and how you feell
let's send a message and make it clear

Not everything has to reach the top                            
not every move we make has to compete                        
Have we lost the meaning of simple fun                                       
it's ok to try and be incomplete                                
not everything has to be pop                                
or trendy and up to date or up beat                            
Take the lead, I don't have to be the one                        
I'll enjoy the ride                                    
in the back seat                                        

let's take a walk
put your shoes on don't over think
are we gonna watch the sunset over a drink
is it gonna take an hour or forever
it's not the destination, it's being together

Let's have a talk
how have you been how are you now?
are you happy and content? that's all I care about
let's catch up over a cup of tea
just be yourself and I'll be me

Not everything has to reach the top
not every move we make has to compete
Have we lost the meaning of simple fun
it's ok to try and be incomplete
not everything has to be pop
or trendy and up to date or up beat
I'll take the lead, you don't have to be the one
just enjoy the ride
in the back seat

I don't want to worry too much                                
I don't want to worry at all                                   
am I going too slow am I in a rush                            
always pursuing a higher goal                          
I just want to have simple fun, let's keep in touch                    
Let's laugh and dance let's just lose control                           


Not everything has to reach the top
not every move we make has to compete
Have we lost the meaning of simple fun
of enjoying the ride, not just where it leads
not everything has to be pop
or trendy and up to date or up beat
they'll take the lead we don't have to be the one
let's enjoy the ride

No comments: